Unlocked Careers Podcast - Ariana Thacker
- Independent Engineering and Business Consultant
- Start-Up Advisor
- Business Development Engineer - Martinus Rail
- Founder, bootup (an organization focused on connecting, developing, and advancing women in engineering bootupinc.com)
- Sr. Development Engineer - Mirus Energy
- Facilities Engineer - Aera Energy, a joint-venture between Exxon and Shell
- B.S., Chemical Engineering - UCLA, Magna Cum Laude
Ariana Thacker has experience consulting for multiple Los Angeles based start-up companies, and has both technical and business experience in various capacities domestically and abroad. In addition, she serves as a mentor to empower women in engineering, and operates an organization, bootup (yes, with a lowercase B), focused on advancing and mentoring female engineers. In this wide-ranging episode, we discuss her non-traditional career progression, thriving in the workplace, overcoming imposter syndrome, succeeding as a student and early-stage professional, and start-up experiences.
"The biggest thing is to believe in your ability. People aren't used to seeing female engineers. Knowing you are technically competent and that you are great at what you do can help you overcome challenges."
"Know your worth. If something is not working for you, be vocal about it. Communication is key."
"It is not that important to prioritize your salary early in your career. I would focus on building your networking and building your technical skills."
Are you ready to unlock your career?
Work with our team of expert career coaches to unlock your career today!